There have already been articles published on the use cases for using IoT with a private Blockchain. The possibilities are really exciting but what if we could run the blockchain ON our IoT network. That sounds like a fun project to me!
With that goal in mind and a bit of research I was led to Hyperledger Fabric. To learn more about it check this out: Hyperledger Overview. Getting Hyperledger Fabric to run on Raspberry Pi presented several major hurdles:
- No one had compiled the project for the ARM architecture before.
- There wasn’t any documentation on how to run the Hyperledger on a Docker Swarm.
But hurdles are what make projects fun right? So let go through the steps so that you can setup your own.
- Setting up a Hyperledger Fabric development environment on a Raspberry Pi
- Building Hyperledger Fabric on Raspberry Pi
- Setting up a Docker Swarm on Raspberry Pi
- Deploying a Hyperledger Fabric network on the Swarm with Docker Stack
- Running the End-to-End “Build you First Network” scenario to validate our build.
Lets get started!